Home 2 Forums Programming How To Publish A Podcast: 7 Steps To Ultimate Podcasting Success

• Author
    Sakib Khan
    Participant

Ready to start a podcast but not sure what it all entails? In this article, you will learn how to get a clear overview that reveals how to publish a podcast. We’ll talk about using a Buy Email Database & Build Email List Quickly good hosting platform, podcast directories, and more. If you want video tutorials that show step by step how to book guests, how to write and record, how to edit and publish in detail, click here and get the course I’m personally studying to grow my podcast. If you just want an overview,

let’s go! Step 1: Record your audio get an audio recording You can do this in different ways. Since I create all of my podcasts from YouTube videos, I actually use a site called “SaveFrom.net”. This is a simple downloader that you can use to download YouTube videos to your computer. Now, this tool will only allow you to download the Buy Email Database & Build Email List Quickly video in MP4 format. Then you can go in and use VLC Media Player to convert the file to MP3 and save it that way. Here is the good news… Both are free programs, so it doesn’t cost anything.

If you record your videos directly to the audio and don’t record a video first, you obviously don’t have to worry about ripping audio out of a video. There are two easy ways to start recording your audio. It can be as simple as recording a podcast on your smartphone , or you can buy a microphone, download audio software, and record the audio directly to your computer . Speed ​​vs quality… A smartphone is faster, but recording on your computer will likely result in better quality audio. Either method can work, especially in the beginning! Equipment for your podcast If you want to publish via your smartphone, you will need A recording app A pair of headphones The recommended upgrade is this lavalier microphone for smart phones And that’s about it ! For the recording app, you can use an app called Voice Recorder HD. This app is available on Apple and Android phones, and is very popular for recording podcasts on a smartphone.

For headphones, anything will work…as long as you hear yourself. But about your phone. If you’re recording your podcast on a Buy Email Database & Build Email List Quick l phone, you’ll also need to download the file to your computer to edit. You can use Dropbox for this, or you can plug your phone directly into your computer and upload it that way. If you plan to record using your computer, you will need…A micro USB recording software Listeners There are many USB microphones you can use for this. If you google “USB Mic for Podcasting” you will come up with all sorts of options, this is the one I started with. other considerations As for software, we’ll talk more about that in a moment… but for most new podcasters, you can download Audacity. It’s free, easy to use,

and will do everything you need to get started. You can even create your intro and outro with Audacity. New podcasters will find this particularly useful, dig deeper into that later. There’s a bit of a learning curve with that. But with a little practice, you should be ready to record and edit your podcast files, whether you saved them on your phone or on your computer.

Either way, you should end up with an MP3 audio file that you can use to start the audio process. Then we move on to assembly. Step 2: create an intro and an outro create an intro and an outro If you listen to a lot of podcasts, you’ll quickly realize that most podcasters have specially designed intros and outros for their podcast shows. These are usually 10-15 seconds long and can combine things like music, voice intro, cool sound effects, and more.

The beginning and the end There are two main purposes with intro and ending audio files. They provide common theme Segway’s in and out of your podcast episodes… They help brand your podcasts and make them recognizable to listeners for you, the podcast host! You can easily create your own intros and outros using free sounds and music videos from sites like freesound.org, recording your own voice, and editing it all together.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.